Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Creamy Corn Dip

Ingredients:

1 can of white corn (15.25 ounces)
1 can of yellow corn (15.25 ounces)
1 can of diced tomatoes and green chilis (10 ounces)
1/2 can of black beans (see review)
1 package of cream cheese (8 ounces)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
Chopped fresh cilantro to taste
*I used about 1 TBSP of freeze-dried cilantro and it was perfect. You could use more or less or none if you wanted

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Drain the corn and tomatoes. Cut cream cheese into 1/2 inch squares
3. In a medium baking dish, mix all ingredients.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

Serve with tortilla chips.

Review:

The recipe says that it makes 42 servings. Michael and I ate the whole thing with 1 bag of tortilla chips over the course of about 3 days. It was truly that good. I'm bringing this to parties and inviting people over, just to have this. It was SO good.

I didn't have the canned corn, so I subsituted frozen corn. I cooked it in the microwave, and then drained it and added it. It worked just fine. Since I was missing about a cup of corn, I added about 1 cup of black beans and it was delicious! It was thin enough you can add the beans with the corn.

You will make this again and again.

No comments: