Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Waikiki Chicken

Ingredients:

10 pieces of chicken or approximately 2 lbs. -- I usually use tenders, but you can use this with whatever you want! You can use a whole chicken pieced, or tenders, or breasts, or drumsticks.

1/3 cup melted margarine/butter
3 TBSP honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/2 tsp powdered ginger

Instructions:

1. Whisk ingredients together to form sauce. I use 9x13 pan, and skip the bowl, but whatever you prefer.
2. Place chicken in pan and brush with sauce. (I put them in, and then flip them over and it is fine.)
3. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes. If you use smaller pieces of meat, it will get done quicker. I usually cook the tender for 35-40 minutes.


Review:

Pros: Very delicious! This is great with baked potatoes or twice baked potatoes and a veggie. It is very simple and pretty much just throw it in the oven. It has a great taste that isn't to sweet or too salty.

Cons: I usually end up opening a can of pineapple just for this or making some from concentrate. If I was smart I would plan something with pineapple the night before or the night after.

No comments: